A passport is the necessary proof you need to fly to a foreign country for travel, study, job, business, or anything else. Yes, a passport is a licence to travel abroad.
There are visa-free countries for Indian passport holders, but no foreign countries to visit without a passport except Nepal.
Documents Required to Avail a Fresh Passport
- Your running bank account’s passbook photo.
- A voter ID card.
- Your updated Aadhaar card.
- Your house electricity bill.
- If you stay on rent, you require your rental agreement for a passport.
- Your updated driving licence.
- Your PAN card.
- Your postpaid mobile bill.
- Legal proof of your gas connection.
- If you are married, submit a copy of your spouse’s passport first and the last page.
- A certificate from your employer companies on letterhead.
- Copy of your income tax assessment order.
- Copy of your school leaving certificate.
- Copy of your Municipal Corporation-issued birth certificate.
- Copy of your policy bond issued by Public Life Insurance.
Documents Required for Minors’ Fresh Passport
- Submit a minor’s parents’ original passports and self-attested copies for his fresh passport.
- Your parent’s current address is proof.
- Your parents’ running account passbook photo.
- Minor’s birth certificate.
- Parents’ policy bonds are issued by public life insurance.
- Aadhaar card or e-Aadhaar of the minor.
- PAN Card of the minor’s parents.
- Minor’s school or secondary school leaving certificate
- Minor’s 10th class mark’s card or his school or university mark’s card.
Documents Required for Re-issue of Passport
An old original passport with an expired validity date is what you require for your passport re-issue. Along with that, you need your self-attested photocopies of the first two and last two pages of your passport, ECR/Non-ECR page, validity extension page, observation page provided by the passport issuing authority, and NOC/PI (No Objection Certificate/Prior Intimation Letter).
You can take the help of any passport agent to re-issue your passport. The approved agencies know the easy and swift ways to accomplish the passport re-issue task.
How to Apply for a Passport via Online Form Submission?
Register yourself on Passport Seva Portal and log in to click on apply for a new Passport link. There you will find a form, fill up the details and submit it. Then schedule your appointment, and select your Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
You can also pay online after scheduling your appointment. Pay through your credit or debit card (MasterCard & Visa), internet banking from SBI) or its associated bank only.
Save your applicant receipt on your Gmail account and phone gallery. By chance you are not available in the city to collect your passport, you can officially give authority to someone else to collect your passport on your behalf. But, for that, you need to write an authorization letter, including the details of your Application Reference Number (ARN) or Appointment Number.
Read More: What is Authorization Letter?
As you may know, verification by the police is done prior to issuing your passport. So, visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), which you have booked for passport verification with your original documents, like a birth certificate, identity proof, residence, and nationality proof.
Documents Required to Remove or Change Your Spouse Name Passport in India
Change a name in a passport, submit the original and photocopy of your marriage certificate and your spouse’s self-attested passport photocopies. For divorcees, divorce decree certificates authenticated by the court with self-attested passport photocopies are the documents required for a name change or removal in or from a passport in India.
Documents Required for a Change of Date of Birth in a Passport
Correction or changing your date of birth in your passport needs your original birth certificate issued by the concerned authority. It is the only proof accepted by the authorities to change your date of birth in your passport.
Documents Required for Adding a Spouse’s Name to a Passport in India
A marriage certificate is issued by the registrar and attested by the State Home Department and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
If you need help with document attestation to change your name in a passport, apply for a new passport, etc., count on us. Superb Enterprise Private Limited (SEPL) is the MEA-approved agency that completes your certificate attestation procedure on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Tatkal Passport?
Anyone with a need to travel to a foreign country urgently can apply for a Tatkal passport under the Tatkal Scheme.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Tatkal Passport?
Not everyone is eligible to apply for a Tatkal Passport as it allows you to fly to a foreign country on short notice. Anyone who falls under the following categories is ineligible to avail of the Tatkal passport scheme.
- An Indian born in a foreign country.
- An Indian with naturalisation or registration of Indian citizenship.
- A deported Indian from a foreign country to India.
- A repatriated Indian from any other foreign country at the cost of the Government of India.
- A person who has changed his name.
- Jammu and Kashmir residents.
- Nagaland resident.
- A Naga-origin Indian citizen resides outside Nagaland.
- An adopted child by Indian or foreign parents.
- A minor has a single parent.
- An applicant applied for a passport validity renewal.
- Those who have applied for a new passport because the older was stolen, lost, or damaged beyond recognition.
- Those who have changed their gender or personal credentials such as a signature.
How Long Does it Take for a Passport to be Delivered After Dispatch?
Generally, an applicant gets his passport delivered within thirty days from his passport application submission date.
Is Police Verification Compulsory in the Case of a Renewal of a Passport?
No PV (Police Verification) is in the passport renewal process if you submit your application for a passport renewal within three years of the expiry date.