Kuwait is one of the richest-Gulf Countries with a high value of the currency in the world. Apart from that, this developed country has a high-income economy.
With each passing year, foreign residents, tourists, and students are increasing in Kuwait. However, a visa is one of the crucial documents a visitor needs to enter Kuwait except for the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) citizens.
People are moving to Kuwait for work, education, or business. To visit Kuwait, you need a visit visa to be sponsored by a relative/friend staying in Kuwait, a Kuwaiti Company, or by a foreign resident of Kuwait.
A visit visa for Kuwait allows you to stay in the country for up to 90 days. Your stay in Kuwait depends on your type of visa.
This blog educates you on how to get a Kuwait visa. Along with that, different types of Kuwait visas and their specific requirements, Kuwait visa eligibility, who issues a Kuwait visa in India or abroad, and why attestation is required for Kuwait.
Read – Documents Attestation Services from Kuwait Embassy
How to Get a Kuwait Visa?
Want to travel to Kuwait? You can apply for a Kuwait travel visa online on this site Ministry of Interior. The electronic visa (eVisa) allows visitors to stay in Kuwait for three months.
But for Kuwait work visas, business visas, residence visas, study visas, etc., you need visa processing services. For example, you have secured a decent and high-pay job in Kuwait, and now to move to Kuwait, you need a work visa.
In this case, your employer will sponsor your work visa. The employer who hires you will send a copy of your work permit to you and Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). After that, MOFA will send your work permit to the Kuwait embassy in your country of residency.
There is no online process to get a work visa or any other visa for Kuwait except a tourist visa, so it is better to approach professionals for visa processing services.
How Many Types of Kuwait Visa?
There are many options for a visa provided by the Kuwait embassy according to your purpose of visit.
Kuwait Tourist Visit Visa
This visa is provided to foreigners who want to use their free time to travel to Kuwait. But, they are not allowed to work or do business during their stay in Kuwait.
What Are the Documents Required for Kuwait Tourist Visa?
You need the following documents to obtain Kuwait tourist visa processing services.
- Two passport-size photographs
- Application form
- Six months valid passport and its photocopy
- Travel Health Insurance
- Your return ticket and hotel reservation details in Kuwait
- Latest bank details
Kuwait Business Visit Visa
To do business in Kuwait or for any business purpose, you need to apply for a business visit visa for Kuwait. In this case, the hotel you will book for your stay in Kuwait can sponsor your Kuwait business visa.
What are the Documents Required for a Kuwait Business Visa?
- A valid passport
- Visa application form
- Two photographs
- Proof of accommodation and employment
- A covering letter from the Indian company (on the letterhead) contains details like your purpose and duration of the visit.
Kuwait Embassy Attestation of commercial documents like the proof of your employment and covering letter is vital to confirm their authenticity in Kuwait.
Read – Commercial Document Attestation
Kuwait Family Visit Visa
People with residence visas in Kuwait can sponsor Kuwait’s family visit visa for their family members only by providing proof of their relationship.
What are the Documents Required for a Family Visa?
Below are the documents necessary to sponsor wife and children (Family) visas for Kuwait.
- Visa application form
- Original and photocopy of passports of wife and children
- Photos of wife and children.
- Proof of relationship (Marriage certificate/child birth certificate)
- Medical certificate for the wife and children above 18.
- Copy and original identity proof of the sponsor
- Visa sponsor’s employment contract or company contract
- Sponsor’s recent salary certificate
Read – Marriage Certificate Attestation | Birth Certificate Attestation
Student Visa for Kuwait
Studying abroad is a dream of many people, but only a few get the chance to study abroad. If you want to study higher education at a top university in Kuwait, you need a student visa.
What Documents are the Documents Required to Apply for a Study Visa in Kuwait?
- Visa application form
- Visa fees receipt
- Confirmation of Acceptance letter from the university in Kuwait
- Financial resources evidence
- A covering letter from the sponsor of the applicant.
- A passport with at least six months before the expiration date
- One passport-size photograph
- Health Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Previous educational certificates (Diploma, Degree, etc)
Read – Educational certificates attestation | Diploma certificate attestation | PCC attestation
Kuwait Work Visa
The employer applies for a Kuwait Work Visa for the foreign employee from the Ministry of Social Affairs & Labour in Kuwait as per articles 17 and 18 of the Immigration Regulations.
What Documents Do I Need for a Kuwait Work Visa?
- Passport valid for more than six months
- Original Kuwait work visa permit from the employer
- One passport size photo with white background
- Kuwait visa application form
- Medical report
- Police clearance certificate (PCC)
Attestation services are required to prove the legitimacy of your PCC and medical reports in Kuwait.
Kuwait Domestic Servants Visa
This type of visa is for someone working as a servant for the resident expatriate aged between 20 and 50 years. The resident sponsor’s the servant’s Visa.
What are the Documents Required for Kuwait Domestic Servants Visa?
- Salary statement of the applicant and spouse
- Copy of the housing agreement of the sponsor
- A copy of the passport of the sponsor
- A copy of the civil ID of the sponsor
- Copy of the visa holder’s passport
- Eight passport-sized photographs
- A copy of the applicant’s work contract
Kuwait Residence Visa
When you are not a GCC citizen and planning to live in Kuwait, a Kuwait Residence Visa (Iqama) is an important document that you need to accomplish your dream. You can apply for three types of Kuwait Residence Visa – Domestic Visa, Work Visa, and Dependent Visa.
But a sponsor request is required to apply for a residence visa.
What are the Documents You Need to Get a Kuwait Residence Visa?
- A copy of the sponsor’s civil ID
- A copy of the dependent’s passport
- A salary certificate
- A copy of the company contract or license
Kuwait Newborn Child Visa
A person living in Kuwait needs to get a Kuwait Newborn Child Visa for his child born in Kuwait.
Documents Required to Apply for a Newborn Child Visa
- New born child’s marriage certificate is translated into Arabic if it is in any other language.
- A copy and original passport of the husband and wife
- Birth certificate of a newborn child
Who Issues the Visa?
The immigration authorities of any foreign country issue your visa and permit you to enter the country for specific days after scrutinizing your documents or certificates.
Kuwait Visa Eligibility
- An Indian passport is vital to travel from India or any country to Kuwait with a minimum of six months validity from the date you enter Kuwait.
- A person with a GCC permit does not need a visa to enter Kuwait. But, he should be sure that his permit has a validity of a minimum of 6 months from the date he enters Kuwait.
- Carry your e-Visa wherever you go in Kuwait.
- When you enter Kuwait, the officers at the airport will ask for your e-Visa reference number.
- If you have a GCC permit, you may have to pay 3KD (Rs. 703. 51) and share your GCC resident number when you enter Kuwait.
- If you have an e-Visa, you cannot work during your say in Kuwait.
- The e-Visa is valid only for a single entry and exit to Kuwait.
- A medical certificate is mandatory to prove that you are healthy and have no contagious diseases.
- Along with a Kuwait Work Visa, an employee need a No Objection Certificate from the General Administration of Criminal Investigation at the Ministry of Interior.
Do you have a plan to move to Kuwait for study, education, employment, or business? You need some documents to fulfill your purpose of moving. To confirm the authenticity of your documents like a marriage certificate, a birth certificate, police clearance certificate, salary certificate, etc., you need attestation of documents from the concerned state government, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), and the Kuwait embassy.
We are a professional and MEA authorized agency to guide and support you with attestation services in India.